An idiosyncratic and non sequitorial examination of the contents of one head.

Sunday, April 04, 2004

for my own protection

I went to Best Buy Friday looking for the Distiller's album "Coral Fang." I had a hard time finding it because I was looking for the white black and red cover art with the hanging body with guts spilling out. Instead there were racks and racks of a different CD cover. It had cute animals on it giraffes and beavers and whatnot. Apparently the original artwork was not deemed appropriate for retailers like Best Buy and they changed it. I should have left it there, kicked over a display sign, and walked out of the store but the immediate lure of having the CD in my greedy hands was too much for me.

I feel dirty supporting the Disney-ification of the universe.

No comments: