An idiosyncratic and non sequitorial examination of the contents of one head.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

what grad school is for

He said the trick is that you have to set a really big goal and figure out how to cut it into smaller, manageable tasks.
Why did no one tell me this? I have learned nothing of the kind.
It is obvious. But I am blind.
It is clear that I understand nothing.
And I have spent these precious years of my life, my youth over-reacting to my own fears my insecurities my inadequacies my inability to understand my inability to put my finger on the very problem.
years drowning
years in pain
years lost
they brought out the big fancy themes with flash and sound
when what I needed, what I really need, what I am needing is the smallest of truths.
and a way to develop the most elementary habit

No comments: